SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast: The Good Life Approach - Your weekly podcast with the little extra Solution Focus for your daily life!
SFP 108 – Adress Your Worries: A Table-Talk about Solution-Focus in Child Protection Services with Marianne Roessler & Wolfgang Gaiswinkler
Manage episode 273070808 series 2115681
SFP 108 - Episode 108: Adress Your Worries: A Table-Talk about Solution-Focus in Child Protection Services with Dr. Marianne Roessler & Wolfgang Gaiswinkler
by Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Simply Focus Podcast |41:03http://www.sfontour.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/SFP-108-Marianne-Wolfgang.m4a
“I think when you are very clear what you have to see, what is the bottom line, what happens if the bottom line is not met, then it gives the family the chance to pull all the resources they have got together with their network and to find answers to what the child protection service wants.“
“And you should privilege their ideas [the ideas of the family members] more than the professional ideas. But the professionals have to say what we need to see so that we can close the case.“
In today’s episode, we talk with Marianne Roessler and Wolfgang Gaiswinkler, Solution-Focused practitioners and founders of the Netzwerk O’ST, about
- what fascinates them with Solution Focus,
- the differences SF makes for their work,
- what is special when using Solution Focus in Child Protection Services,
- how to address your own necessities and worries as a solution-focused practitioner in the professional role,
- the different implications of the words „problem“ and „worries“,
- how to privilege the ideas of the family,
- the importance of making statements and of mapping out all the different points of view,
- elicit exceptions or what the principle „If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it“ can also mean,
- their connection with Insoo Kim Berg and Steve de Shazer,
- The challenge of the week: Think about things that are not working well in a solution-focused way: If you are disturbed or irritated by something, think about what is not working, try to avoid to go into generalization and abstract terms. And don’t forget to think about what is working well in general, as well as think about what is working well related to the thing that irritates you and to think about what you would like to see.
- Check out the website of the Netzwerk O’ST – Netzwerk für Organisationsberatung, Sozialforschung, Supervision, Training and learn more about Marianne’s & Wolfgang’s work.
- Learn more about SEN (Sicherheit Entwickeln – Entwicklung nutzen).
- Here you can find out more about Signs of Safety.
- Learn more about Janet Bavelas and her work in the Simply Focus podcast episode 10: Seeing Interaction: Interview with Janet Beavin Bavelas.
- Find out more about the Dialogical Orientation Quadrant (DOQ) by Haesun Moon in the Simply Focus podcast episode 18: Learning Together: Teaching Solution Focus at Brieffest with Bo Yon Koh and Haesun Moon.
- If you want to learn more about Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue and Solution Focus check out our online course Translating Microanalysis of Face-to-Face Dialogue into Solution-Focused Practice.
- For our German-speaking listeners:
- Check out our new book Faszination Lösungsfokus. Wie du mit gezieltem die gewünschte Zukunft gestaltest which includes a great article of Marianne & Wolfgang about their work in the field of child protection services.
- Join our Microanalysis online course: “Einführung in die Mikroanalyse von Face-to-Face Gesprächen”.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Marianne & Wolfgang and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Listen to more Simply Focus Podcast episodes: