Africa-focused technology, digital and innovation ecosystem insight and commentary.
Manage episode 295816553 series 1403
By SiteVisibility. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
In this episode we’re joined by Martin Newman, Founder of the Customer First Group.
Martin is a consumer champion and author of the book, ‘The Power of Customer Experience’. With extensive experience in the world of customer centricity, he joins us to share his best advice and examples of how companies can commit to delivering truly best-in-class customer experiences.
In this episode we discuss:
- Martin’s early lessons in customer service from working in his father’s opticians in Glasgow
- How ‘cost-to-serve’ financial models impact customer-centricity
- Why businesses to focus on being people-first before being able to become customer-first
- Examples of how to empower your employees to be customer first
- Is customer service better in the US than in the UK?
- Is Amazon a customer-centric brand?
- How to offer best-in-class eCommerce experiences
Referenced in this episode:
- Martin’s latest book, ‘The Power of Customer Experience: How to Use Customer-centricity to Drive Sales and Profitability’: https://amzn.to/3vREi4k
- Martin’s first book, ‘100 Practical Ways to Improve Customer Experience: Achieve End-to-End Customer Engagement in a Multichannel World’: https://amzn.to/3vYf4Rz
- Martin’s mini MBA in Customer Centricity: https://martinnewman.co.uk/mba/
- Martin’s customer experience platform, Customer Service Action: https://customerserviceaction.com/
CONNECT WITH MARTIN / CUSTOMER FIRST GROUP
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY: