Manage episode 302744375 series 2804354
In this episode I talk with Dario Paniagua, visual thinker, coach, and ex-advertising agency veteran. Dario’s mission? Helping amateur scribes become professional visual thinkers with his courses and his coaching.
You’ll hear about his journey out of the agency world into visual thinking. You’ll also learn about his courses that help you create metaphors without using cliches — and how his coaching is tailored to his students.
This is going to be a fun one, so don’t miss it!
Sponsored by the Sketchnote Ideabook
This episode of the Sketchnote Army Podcast is brought to you by The Sketchnote Ideabook, the sketchbook designed for sketchnoters.
Equipped with a no-bleed, now show through paper, The Sketchnote Ideabook can take almost any marker or pen you can throw at it.
Save 15% on your entire order of Sketchnote Ideabooks and Autoquill Pen sets at the Airship Store when you use code IDEABOOK15 through December 31, 2021.
To claim your 15% off visit airship.store today!
- Intro: Who is Dario?
- Dario’s origin story
- The oddness of teaching online in a pandemic
- The importance of metaphors over cliche icons
- Metaphors are mini-stories
- Make regular icons a little crazy to develop metaphors
- The creativity of pre-schooled, no-rules kids
- The expanding field of visualization and impact on work quality
- Being disruptive as a solution for clients and for you
- Parallels to print and web design disruptions
- Animations of metaphors as a differentiator
- Dario’s Metaphors Course overview
- Commandment 1: Think the Opposite
- Commandment 2: Draw a part not the whole
- Commandment 3: Blend or Join
- Playing with his kids helped Dario remain positive during the pandemic
- Cartoon: The Magic School Bus
- Cartoon: Adventure Time
- Cartoon: Apple and Onion
- Cartoon: The Pink Panther Show
- Feedback tip: This works or it doesn’t work
- 3 tips
10% OFF METAPHOR MEMBERSHIP FROM DARIO!
Dario has kindly re-opened enrollment to his Metaphors Membership and you can get 10% off for the first year. Use code: SKETCHNOTEARMY on the checkout page of the Membership Plan you choose.
Move quickly! This offer lasts until Thursday, September 30, 2021!
Amazon affiliate links below support the Sketchnote Army Podcast.
- Dario’s website
- Dario’s Metaphors Course
- Dario on LinkedIn
- Dario on Instagram
- Dario YouTube
- Book: Made to Stick
- The Magic School Bus
- Adventure Time
- Apple and Onion
- The Pink Panther Show
- Read your visual map, does it flow?
- Remember whitespace to let your visuals breathe
- Read other books UNRELATED to your field
- Try new things, different things
- Visual thinking is about THINKING!
Subscribe to the Sketchnote Army Podcast
Support the Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s bestselling books. Use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!