Manage episode 306624473 series 2804354
In this episode, Michael Geiß-Hein, better known as “Mister Maikel” from Germany, shares his journey from analog-only to adding digital graphic recording and sketchnoting to his company’s options.
Mister Maikel also talks about his experience creating his new book on sketchnoting, “Sketchnotes, Dein Workshop” or “Sketchnotes, Your Workshop” where he teaches you to improve your sketchnotes in 6 weeks.
Sponsored by Concepts
This episode of the Sketchnote Army Podcast is brought to you by Concepts.
An infinite canvas sketching app built for tablets with a stylus, like the iPad Pro, Microsoft Surface, and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Concepts’ infinite canvas lets you spread out and sketch in any direction. Draw and take notes with liquid pens, markers and brushes in your favorite Copic designer colors.
Everything you draw in Concepts is a flexible vector, so you can move your notes around the canvas, or change their color, tool or size with a simple gesture.
Drag and drop images onto the canvas, and use layers and grids to organize your creative space. When you’re ready to share, export straight to your friends or team.
SEARCH ”Concepts” in your favorite app store for infinite, flexible sketching.
Learn more: Concepts App
- Intro: Who is Mister Maikel?
- Mister Maikel’s origin story
- About Michael’s new book, “Sketchnotes, Dein Workshop” or “Sketchnotes, Your Workshop”
- What does Maikel do to keep sane in a pandemic?
- Learning to play the guitar
- Looking after his inner voice
- Spend a lot of time with his kids
- More collaboration
- Adapting to digital before and the pandemic
- Crafting digital experiences
- Loving local, analog experiences, and performances
- 3 tips
- Origin story of the “Mister Maikel” name
- Mister Maikel’s Website
- Mister Maikel on Instagram
- Sketchnotes Dein Workshop
- Martin Haussmann
- Art, Work & Progress MINI Interview in German
Amazon affiliate links support the Sketchnote Army Podcast.
- Signal Pilot Monoline Pen
- Pilot Brush Pen
- Neuland Pens
- Sakura Pigma Pen
- Kapa Line Boards
- iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil
- Adobe Photoshop
- Why do you draw? Learn to draw for passion!
- Draw everywhere and all the time. Carry a sketchbook!
- Count your blessings not your troubles.
Subscribe to the Sketchnote Army Podcast
Support the Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s bestselling books. Use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!