Manage episode 303787876 series 2804354
In this episode, I talk with compulsive sketchnoter and designer, Rasagy Sharma from India.
Learn how Rasagy came into design and sketchnoting from computer science, coding and engineering. Hear Rasagy talk about the hard work of improving his handwriting and how that led to his sketchnoting practice.
I think you’re going to enjoy this interview!
Sponsored by Concepts
This episode of the Sketchnote Army Podcast is brought to you by Concepts.
An infinite canvas sketching app built for tablets with a stylus, like the iPad Pro, Microsoft Surface, and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Concepts’ infinite canvas lets you spread out and sketch in any direction. Draw and take notes with liquid pens, markers and brushes in your favorite Copic designer colors.
Everything you draw in Concepts is a flexible vector, so you can move your notes around the canvas, or change their color, tool or size with a simple gesture.
Drag and drop images onto the canvas, and use layers and grids to organize your creative space. When you’re ready to share, export straight to your friends or team.
SEARCH ”Concepts” in your favorite app store for infinite, flexible sketching.
Learn more: Concepts App
- Intro: Who is Rasagy?
- Rasagy’s origin story
- How handwriting and need for focus moved Rasagy to sketchnoting
- How engineering impacts structuring of sketchnotes
- Importance of typography awareness in sketchnotes
- The importance of simplification
- Sketchnoting in India
- Rasagy developing a sketchnoting scholarship program
- How sparks can influence others to visualization
- Rasagy’s teaching experience
- Rasagy’s interest in data visualization and cartography
- The importance if visualization in business
- The sketchnoting engine applies to other areas
- Rasagy’s Pandemic Positives:
- Building iPad Pro and Procreate experimentation
- Exploring how he can better archive sketchnotes
- 3 tips
- Rasagy’s website
- Rasagy’s sketchnotes
- Rasagy on LinkedIn
- Rasagy on Instagram
- Rasagy on Twitter
- Eva-Lotta Lamm’s Flickr
- Swiss Style
- Basic rules of typography
- Graphic Facilitation India Community
- Ben Crothers
- Piyuesh Modi
Amazon affiliate links support the Sketchnote Army Podcast.
- Muji 0.7 Liner in Blue-Black
- Sakura Micron Fineliners
- Kuretaki Brush Pen
- iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil
- Roam Research
- Be kind to yourself.
- Sketchnote for yourself, not others.
- Find your tribe!
Subscribe to the Sketchnote Army Podcast
Support the Podcast
To support the creation, production and hosting of the Sketchnote Army Podcast, buy one of Mike Rohde’s bestselling books. Use code ROHDE40 at Peachpit.com for 40% off!