Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#64 - Felix Brooks-Church - Feeding One Hundred Million People
Manage episode 262887848 series 2660013
Felix Brooks-church is the Co-Founder and CEO of Sanku, a nonprofit organization that equips small-scale maize millers to improve their flour with key nutrients, at a very low cost. They are fighting the malnutrition problem in the world, and doing a pretty good job with Felix’s machine, currently touching 2 M people everyday. Felix has recently done a TED talk in Tanzania, which will be available very soon.
- Bullet Points
- 00:42 - Intro
- 03:00 - The start as an entrepreneur in Ibiza
- 04:30 - Volunteering in Cambodia
- 06:00 - Getting into something bigger
- 07:00 - Going to Nepal to work on the new project
- 08:50 - The importance of fortified foods
- 10:30 - Developing a new machine
- 15:25 - Going to East Africa to try the machine
- 18:20 - Looking to scale up
- 19:35 - The logistics behind travelling to 300 mills
- 22:50 - The next steps
- 25:10 - Choosing to work with Sanku
- 29:25 - Why fortification is big impact/low cost
- 34:00 - Leaning on technology to know the impact of the project
- 35:35 - Rapid fire question round
- 36:10 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 36:42 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 37:30 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 38:30 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 39:20 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 40:23 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 40:55 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 41:53 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 42:55 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 43:44 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 44:25 - What silly thing should people do more of?
- 45:10 - If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 45:30 - Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 45:45 - Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
- 46:10 - What makes you happiest?
- 46:50 - Any asks or requests for the audience?