Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#73 - Ryan Mulvihill - The secrets to email marketing
Manage episode 265030006 series 2660013
Ryan Mulvihill is an email marketing expert and the founder of Email Allstars, a Gold Partner of Klaviyo that helps businesses increase their sales with carefully executed strategies, thanks to email marketing and automation. In this episode Ryan shares some of the biggest mistakes companies make in email marketing, as well as his best tips on how to improve.
- Bullet points
- 00:35 - Intro
- 04:20 - The beginning as an entrepreneur
- 08:20 - Niching down
- 09:50 - The start of Email Allstars
- 11:10 - Moving across the world
- 14:05 - The desert story
- 16:40 - Being a Klaviyo master
- 18:30 - Managing clients efficiently
- 20:20 - Charging a fixed price
- 22:37 - What ecommerce brands are missing from their campaigns
- 25:27 - Expected purchase flow
- 26:27 - The most common mistakes in email marketing
- 26:10 - The three quickest wins
- 28:41 - Opt and nurture flow
- 30:11 - The abandoned cart
- 31:45 - The browse abandonment
- 33:45 - Where to learn more
- 34:40 - Rapid fire question round
- 35:03 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 35:38 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 36:06 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 37:24 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 38:45 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 39:30 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 40:18 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 41:25 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 42:25 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 44:03 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 45:00 - What silly thing should people do more of?
- 45:45 - If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 46:42 - Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 47:40 - Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
- 48:10 - What makes you happiest?
- 49:00 - Any asks or requests for the audience?