Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#78 - Tom Merrick - Achieving massive growth on YouTube: why content is king
Manage episode 268236928 series 2660013
Tom Merrick is a CHEK Exercise Coach and CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach with over 5 years of experience training which has consisted of everything from endurance and cardio to bodybuilding and powerlifting. Tom is passionate about the bodyweight movement and has over 470 K subscribers on YouTube, where he teaches how to be more flexible. Tom’s purpose is to provide guidance and a starting point for you to achieve your goals, whether you’re just starting out or working on advanced skills.
- Bullet points
- 01:00 - Intro
- 02:30 - The beginning of the journey
- 04:40 - What would be a good return in YouTube
- 06:35 - The years after university
- 09:45 - Starting a YouTube channel
- 12:10 - Having online clients
- 14:20 - The Dunning–Kruger effect
- 15:30- Assuming vs Reality
- 18:10 - Achieving massive growth on YouTube: why content is king
- 20:15 - Choosing how you want to come across
- 23:50 - Beat to the point
- 25:01 - Why retention is the only metric you should be paying attention to
- 26:45 - What kind of content is resonating right now
- 29:17 - Why should people stretch
- 32:40 - The benefits of getting cold
- 33:47 - Unwinding properly: the importance of light
- 37:03 - The benefits of red light therapy
- 41:02 - Where to find out more
- 42:52 - How important is the YouTube description
- 45:42 - Rapid fire question round
- 45:57 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 47:07 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 48:23 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 49:46 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 52:07 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 55:01 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 56:25 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 59:23 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 59:54 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 01:03:35 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:06:19 - What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:07:25 - If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:08:35 - Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 01:09:21 - Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
- 01:10:25 - What makes you happiest?
- 01:11:30 - Any asks or requests for the audience?