Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#80 - Florian Mueck - The power of persuasive communication
Manage episode 269254756 series 2660013
Florian Mueck is a world-class public speaker, trainer and author of 5 books. Before he started his rhetorical journey, he worked as a consultant and business development manager for almost a decade. After public speaking became his greatest passion, Florian has dedicated himself to helping companies and individuals boost their charisma by teaching them the power of persuasive communication and memorable presentations. Florian is the co-creator of the public speaking game, Rhetoric, the founder of Top Speakers and a collaborator of IESE Business School Barcelona. He offers keynote speeches, transformational communication seminars, presentation coaching and event moderation in English, German and Spanish mainly to international brands like Banco Santander, Metro Group, Danone, Microsoft or Moët Hennessy.
- Bullet points
- 00:52 - Intro
- 04:13 - The shift: anagnorisis
- 10:20 - The first sessions
- 13:05 - Getting the first big clients
- 16:45 - The most common reasons for speech training
- 19:14 - Some basic teachings to immediately become a better speaker
- 24:10 - Combating filler words
- 27:39 - The four A’s
- 34:10 - The importance of storytelling
- 35:02 - The prototype of all stories: the hero’s journey (CSI)
- 42:11 - Two more tips to apply right away
- 47:30 - Rapid fire question round
- 48:44 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 51:06 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 54:48 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 55:48 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 58:34 - ROCS
- 01:00:17 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 01:02:00 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 01:02:50 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 01:05:47 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 01:07:45 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 01:09:01 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:13:09 - What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:14:20 - If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:15:15 - Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 01:15:25 - Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
- 01:16:10 - What makes you happiest?
- 01:16:50 - Any asks or requests for the audience?
- 01:17:15 - Some final advice
- 01:21:26 - Where to find out more