Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#82 - David Wolfe - Creating a successful brand from scratch
Manage episode 270240118 series 2660013
David Wolfe is the CEO and Founder of Olivers, a high-quality men's activewear brand focused on the essentials. The brand started 6 years ago from a Kickstarter campaign which was at the time one of the 5 top-performing campaigns in the apparel category, and this 8-figure brand has been featured all over the place since. Find out David’s journey to creating and growing this successful brand in today’s episode of Smarter Destiny.
- 00:54 - Intro
- 03:15 - The start of the journey
- 08:30 - What resonated with the early backers on Kickstarter
- 10:30 - The next step: fulfilling the orders
- 13:50 - What happens after completing the campaign
- 16:48 - The team
- 18:01 - Getting PR opportunities
- 21:04 - Online vs Offline
- 22:25 - Organic vs Paid
- 23:47 - The challenges
- 27:49 - The learnings
- 31:07 - Where to find out more about Olivers
- 32:15 - Rapid fire question round
- 32:40 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 33:03 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 34:30 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 36:39 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 37:40 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 39:12 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 41:09 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 42:44 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 43:20 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 44:53 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 47:18 - What silly thing should people do more of?
- 48:33 - If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 49:02 - Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 49:35 - Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
- 50:57 - What makes you happiest?
- 51:40 - Any asks or requests for the audience?