Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#87 - Umar Qamar - Making fashion sustainable
Manage episode 273095797 series 2660013
Umar Qamar is an experienced entrepreneur and sales director with a history of working in the apparel and fashion industry. He is the founder of Elo, an 8-figure brand that sells sustainably in the ecommerce space, and one of Pakistan's most successful ecommerce stores.
- Bullet points
- 00:53 - Intro
- 03:33 - The start of the entrepreneurial journey
- 07:13 - Getting into online selling
- 09:18 - What to do with extra stock
- 12:28 - Taking up more inventory
- 15:20 - Getting 2 M visitors a month
- 15:57 - Selling internationally
- 17:10 - Selling in Pakistan vs. in the West
- 21:35 - Advertising: why showing the actual product is key
- 24:27 - How the app came about
- 25:45 - Driving traffic to the app
- 29:39 - Elo’s mission
- 33:15 - Where to find out more
- 33:50 - Rapid fire question round
- 34:35 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 35:32 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 39:10 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 40:02 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 42:52 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 44:52 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 46:18 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 47:14 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 48:30 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 49:26 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 51:00 - What makes you happiest?