Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#88 - Tony Whatley - The Side Hustle Millionaire
Manage episode 273603797 series 2660013
Tony Whatley is a serial entrepreneur, a business mentor, speaker and best-selling author. He is best known as co-founder of LS1Tech, an online automotive community which grew into the largest of its kind and sold for millions, only five years after starting. Tony is a strong advocate for building large online communities, and has built groups with over a half-million combined registered members. In 2015, Tony decided to focus on building businesses full-time, and left behind a multiple six-figure salary range to do what he loves.
- 00:50 - Intro
- 03:20 - The start of the entrepreneurial journey
- 07:43 - The american dream
- 09:04 - Pursuing mechanical engineering
- 10:30 - The first business: creating a revolutionary circuit
- 11:02 - The second business: designing web pages
- 12:40 - Launching LS1Tech
- 20:56 - Building a community
- 28:32 - Managing your community
- 33:26 - Exiting the company
- 43:07 - Becoming a mentor
- 49:50 - Overcoming stage fear
- 53:08 - Where to find out more
- 54:00 - Rapid fire question round
- 54:25 - What superhero would you be and why?
- 54:54 - What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 55:26 - What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 56:10 - What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 58:05 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 58:57 - What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 01:00:41 - What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 01:02:36 - What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 01:04:50 - Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 01:06:27 - What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:08:36 - What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:10:10 - If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:11:23 - What makes you happiest?
- 01:12:22 - Any asks or requests for the audience?