Manage episode 293440911 series 1708763
A big cheese ends up in jail, a Japanese dating site spills the dirt after a hack, and we learn all about the right to repair.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Paul Roberts from The Security Ledger.
Plus don't miss our featured interview with Javvad Malik from KnowBe4.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/229 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Javvad Malik and Paul F Roberts.
- KnowBe4: Did you know that 91% of successful data breaches started with a spear phishing attack? Find out what percentage of your employees are at risk with KnowBe4's free phishing security test. Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with the new phishing industry benchmarks. Find out more at knowbe4.com/freetest
- OneLogin: According to the OneLogin IAMokay Mental Health Survey, more than 77% of technology leaders have said that their work-related stress increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, CISOs and IT executives have been under ever-increasing pressure - leading to deteriorating mental health, addiction issues, and even suicidal thoughts and tendencies. OneLogin's message? You're not alone. Attend their live event on Weds May 26, "Keeping the Mind Clear and the Company Secure" at smashingsecurity.com/oneloginiamokay
- 1Password: With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now.
- Cheese Is Addictive As Drug: Dairy Product Triggers Brain Region Linked To Addiction — Tech Times.
- How Police Secretly Took Over a Global Phone Network for Organized Crime — Motherboard.
- Liverpool man latest to be jailed as part of national Operation Venetic — Merseyside Police.
- Hard cheese: Stilton snap shared via EncroChat leads to drug dealer's downfall — The Register.
- Automakers Hype Hacking Threat To Sink Pro-Repair Measure — Forbes.
- FTC Report Slams OEM Restrictions on Repair — Fight to Repair.
- securepairs.org – IT pros fight for a fixable future.
- Apology for dating breach (Japanese).
- Coronavirus: Why dating feels so different now — BBC Worklife.
- How Covid-19 has upended dating for singles — Vox.
- Japan's biggest dating app hit by major cyberattack — TechRadar.
- The Pursuit of Love — BBC.
- Adapting The Pursuit of Love for BBC One — BBC Writers Room.
- The Colonial pipeline ransomware hackers had a secret weapon: self-promoting cybersecurity firms — MIT Technology Review.
- Fstoppers Reviews Obscura 2: A Superb iOS Photo App that Rethinks the 'Interface' — Fstoppers.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)