Manage episode 294551831 series 1708763
Criminals are caught in a encrypted chat trap, should you trust Apple's repair team with your sexy snaps, and do you think the FBI should be able to tell who has been reading the USA Today website?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire's Dave Bittner.
And don't miss our featured interview with Dr Simon Wiseman, the CTO of Deep Secure.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/231 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Dave Bittner and Simon Wiseman.
- KnowBe4: Did you know that 91% of successful data breaches started with a spear phishing attack? Find out what percentage of your employees are at risk with KnowBe4's free phishing security test. Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with the new phishing industry benchmarks. Find out more at knowbe4.com/freetest
- Deep Secure: Deep Secure Threat Removal takes incoming poisoned Word documents, boobytrapped PowerPoint slides and the like, and creates brand new files with just the good stuff (and none of the bad). It is a great way of handling brand new threats coming into organisations via the web, email or file sharing and can run alongside your existing anti-virus. Threat Removal gives you the good stuff by delivering files that are 100% threat-free, fully functional and fully revisable. Visit deep-secure.com/smashingsecurity for more information, and set up your free trial today.
- 1Password: Around 80% of business data breaches result from weak or reused passwords. Using 1Password can close the gaps in your company’s security, combat shadow IT, and help your employees stay both productive and secure, wherever they are. 1Password makes the secure thing to do the easiest thing to do. Instant control, effortless management. Quickly deploy 1Password to a single team, multiple teams, or your entire enterprise. Provision employees using trusted systems, respond quickly to domain breach reports, and offer every business user a free 1Password Families account for work-from-home security. Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- AFP-led Operation Ironside smashes organised crime — Australian Federal Police.
- AN0M: Hundreds arrested in massive global crime sting using messaging app — BBC News.
- Fake encrypted app cooked up over beers by Aussie cops and the FBI leads to global sting — Daily Mail.
- FBI Effort to Expose 'USA Today' Readers Was Likely Unlawful, Experts Say — Gizmodo.
- Sunrise, Florida, shooting: 2 FBI agents killed in shootout identified — USA Today.
- Apple paid woman millions after technicians used her iPhone to post explicit videos — The Guardian.
- Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service — Apple Support.
- The Three Investigators.
- Mini Motorways.
- Mini Motorways gameplay video — YouTube.
- Mini Metro — A strategy simulation game about designing a subway map for a growing city.
- Love Death & Robots review – prestige TV with added sexbots — The Guardian.
- Netflix’s Love, Death & Robots Volume 2 Ranked Best to Worst — Vulture.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)