Manage episode 286933509 series 2526603
Are you an adult with ADHD also struggling with disordered eating?
Then you'll want to check out this latest Speaking of Hungry episode! Even if you're a parent of a child with ADHD and food struggles, you can take something away from my conversation with Becca King, the "ADHD Nutritionist".
Becca and I discuss:
- Becca's ADHD diagnosis and her past struggles with disordered eating.
- The biggest issues Becca's clients with ADHD are struggling with when it comes to their relationship with food and their bodies.
- How distraction interferes with hunger, fullness, and putting the time and effort into preparing meals and snacks.
- ADHD clients dealing with a lack of appetite during the day but when the medication wears off they are ravenous, potentially leading to a binge.
- How nutrition information for ADHD is focused on the elimination of certain foods and ingredients, which can ignite feelings of deprivation.
- Other reasons ADHD clients may overeat or binge including seeking stimulation, dealing with rejection or anxiety.
- The steps Becca takes with ADHD clients deal with binge eating, including recognizing triggers and how to plan for them.
How to find out more about Becca:
Need more resources to help with the restrict-binge cycle?
What will you get in this guide? This is a sample of work I do with my private, 1:1 clients. I’ll take you through:
#1 - examining your personal history with dieting
#2 - reflecting on how diets interfered with your life
#3 - how to slowly get rid of dieting tools you may still use.
#4 - identifying hidden forms of dieting you may still engage in but don’t realize you are and how it interferes with your work to become more intuitive.
#5 - a worksheet on how to stop the self-critical talk.
If you love the show, please leave a rating and review on Apple podcasts! Please go to iTunes and leave a rating and review!!
Curious about working with me? You can schedule a FREE 20-minute Zoom with me to let me know what you are struggling with and determine if my program is a good fit for you!
Need MORE help healing your relationship with food AND exercise?
Consider joining my FREE Intuitive Eating & Body Compassion Facebook community!!!