Archived series ("Inactive feed" status)
When? This feed was archived on April 29, 2021 14:12 (). Last successful fetch was on August 20, 2019 01:08 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 151513102 series 1029911
Episode #026Guest: Lindsay Goldner Brand Strategist + Graphic Designer
Lindsay is a talented, self-taught Graphic Designer and a Brand Strategist and one of her favorite platforms to drive fresh faces to her website is: Pinterest. With over 130 Boards and 11,000+ pins, she's an avid pinned to say the least. She's been an active user for the last three years, and today she shares why she loves Pinterest so much and how she uses it as a tool to drive traffic to her site, collaborate with clients, and spread the word about her visual brand.
First things first- Set up your Pinterest account as a business:
- Sign up for a business account (instead of as a personal user)
- Verify your website (gives you access to analytics and insights)Another way to see insights is through Tailwind, a free program that tracks where you’re getting the most action which pins are directing people to your site. This let’s you know what people are responding most so you can focus on that and eliminate what doesn't.
- Add a 'Pin It' button to your siteLindsay talks about the ins and outs of these steps, but if you need a step-by-step tutorial, click here.
Lindsay's Pinterest Tips:
Create one image per blog post that you can load to interest and link to the post. When you add that image to your post (on your blog) make the image pinnacle. It can be as simple as an image with a little text on top.
Custom Cover Designs- by creating new cover images, you can link those images back to your site (just change the source of your image). It also brands your profile and coordinates with your website. This looks so professional, doesn't it?
Cover Image Dimensions: 217x147
Don’t be clever with your titles! People won’t find you in search results.
Get specific with boards- this helps to keep your boards organized for you to find things, but also good for people to be able to choose the right board of yours to follow.
Pay attention to descriptions.
- Write clear descriptions of your boards, in simple terms to be searchable.
- Pay attention to descriptions on your individual pins and even re-pins.
If youre just starting out and need followers:Find a couple of board that have a significant number of pins in the area that you like and start repining. That will help you get started with content and get you into relevant searches and find you organically.