Archived series ("Inactive feed" status)
When? This feed was archived on April 29, 2021 14:12 (). Last successful fetch was on August 20, 2019 01:08 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 151513097 series 1029911
The Start-Up Speakeasy | Episode #031
Show Notes: http://kristyoustalet.com/31
Guest: Liz Lockard
Host: Kristy Oustalet
Liz works with small business owners drive the right kind of traffic to their wesbites and get more out of that traffic through online marketing Analytics and SEO Strategies.
Oh, and I did I mention she makes it super approachable? Hallelujah!
SEO Food for Thought:
There are over a billion searches each month on google
Think about your own buying process. How much do you rely on google when making a purchase?
Here's where to start:
Make sure that you know what you offer and who your customer is on an instinctive level
What words do YOU use vs. What phrases do THEY use?
Keyword- the phrases that you type into google
Super Simple Format for SEO- to cover your bases
Doing stuff on your site to better optimize for ideal phrases that customers are searching
- use google keyword planner and find your ideal clients keyword phrases
- how to optimize a page on the site
- use those words in the URL on the page
- Use those words in the title of the page
- Use it naturally within the post
- above all, you're writing for your idea client
2. Offsite Methods:
finding websites that are seen as strong by google as well as where your ideal clients are hanging out
- guest posting is an easy way
- opensite explorer.org put in your domain name and the domain of another site and take a look at their domain authority number to figure out which ones to pursue
Most common SEO mistakes:- choosing 3 phrases to rank for- ideally each page has its own key phrase
- operating without a plan- she helps clients walk through with a gameplan and content map to keyword optimize
- once you have the plan, it's a matter of taking a min with each post and making sure it fits the efforts of the plan
Top 3 Takeaways:
1. Make sure you know the phrases that your customers are using... if you don't know start eavesdropping in community forums, hosting free calls or send out a survey.
2. Plus those words into the Keyword Planner and see where they match up in volume of google. You're looking for a good balance between relevance of phrases
3. Start to think about what off-site opportunities your have and how they fit
Links mentioned in the show can be found at http://kristyoustalet.com/31