Manage episode 289303348 series 2293621
“Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore, give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions and determine to pay the price of a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast...and one day you will build something that endures: something worthy of your potential.”
- One of most important habits to cultivate is a strong work ethic.
- Time and dedicated effort make it more fulfilling.
- There’s a saying: “How you do one thing is how you do everything.”
- Often, trying to take shortcuts, we’re often wasting more time going back to fix what wasn’t done well, than if we’d just done it right in the first place.
- Sometimes, best shortcut is to do good work.
- And if you’re going to put effort into something, why half ass your way through it? That’s wasted time.
- If we’re always looking for the easy way, then we may miss out on a more difficult path that has a greater reward.
- Hard work makes us to get stronger.
- We’ll never climb a great mountain if we’re only climbing hills.
- If you’re running a marathon, and you take shortcut and make it to the finish line, then you really didn’t run a marathon.
- Getting to the finish line and completing the race are two different things.
- While it’s great to get to the end, how we got there is more important than getting there.
- And why are we always so focused on getting to the end?
- When we get to the end, that means the journey is over.
- It’s the journey, it’s doing the work, it’s the process that’s important.
- If we’re making only tentative efforts, then we never achieve that mastery which allows to excel at something.
- Whether we’re building a business, composing music, or writing a book, or training for a marathon, we should dedicate ourselves to our work.
- And we you achieve that mastery, you’ll be in place where you can create something that endures, something that’s worthy of your potential.