Manage episode 286492319 series 2581580
Everyone is different and normally, differences lead to conflict when individuals cannot agree. And since conflict is inevitable, it’s best to prepare for it in order to handle ourselves accordingly when disputes arise. Conflict can be positive, such as a healthy amount of competition between team members to reach goals. But negative conflict, like personality clashes, can harm individuals and undermine teamwork. In this episode, Jason Campbell and Jeremy Pollack talk about the key ideas on how to effectively handle conflict.
Jeremy Pollack is the founder and CEO of Pollack Peacebuilding Systems which provides workplace conflict transformation services, including conflict analysis, peacebuilding interventions, coaching, training, and various other methodologies to help create more peaceful and productive organizational cultures. He holds two Master’s degrees – one in Evolutionary Anthropology and the other in Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, and Peacebuilding (NCRP). Jeremy is the author of the Conflict Resolution Playbook: Practical Communication Skills for Preventing, Managing, and Resolving Conflict and is a regular contributor on topics such as leadership and conflict management for publications like Forbes.com, Fast Company, Industry Week, and more.
Listen out for:
- When companies need conflict resolution.
- What led Jeremy to write a book about workplace conflicts.
- The basics to help you resolve conflicts.
- The importance of communication at the workplace.
- Subscribe to 'Mindvalley Membership' to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/superhuman
Like this episode?