Manage episode 269940236 series 1259851
0:55 - Branding mistakes Swiss startups make repeatedly
5:56 - Building a brand as a group
10:02 - Steps to creating a strong brand
15:03 - Target client vs your personal startup story
20:14 - Rapid fire questions
The Episode in 60 Seconds:
Getting inspired for your brand
- Building a recognizable brand is like building a character - it can come with its own edges and quirks.
- Your brand is probably not the first thing you need to worry about but if you move beyond the proof of concept phase, you should invest some time into it.
- Get your inspiration from the how, what and why of your company.
- Looking around for inspiration is good but your brand needs to be unique and recognizable, so don’t just copy paste from someone else
Getting real with your brand
- Getting the branding right is important - and hard. If you can, work with specialists in your surroundings - friends, board members, investors...
- Your brand follows your purpose and mission, so make sure to have that defined first.
- Your brand is not just your logo and color palette. Take a holistic approach and include everything from the language you use to how you present yourself in pictures (and of course make sure those pictures are high quality).
5 steps to your first brand set up
- Choose a short, simple name.
- Add some simple and concise messaging (a claim).
- Define your core audience and how you’ll address them with visual, spoken and written language.
- Connect the dots between the three first steps.
- If you can, work with a specialist in the field to fine tune your branding work.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/swisspreneur/message