Manage episode 285384259 series 2394211
Social media influencers have big followings and can help brands drive awareness with their audience. But you don’t have to be a huge company to leverage influencers to grow your reach. Ishmael Abrokwa is a digital marketing expert who has spent years working with social media, influencer marketing, and digital marketing
Ish is a creative digital strategist with over 10 years of experience in brand building and engaging consumers. He transforms data into strategic insights for major brands across the world. His experience touches CPG, tech, and lifestyle, developing campaigns for brands such as Nike, Mtn Dew, and Verizon.
Ish shares how brands and entrepreneurs can tap into influencers to help them grow their brands. Ish sees influencer marketing as an elevated spin on celebrity endorsements and a phenomenal tactic to grow your reach and spread the word on your product or services. This includes everything from social media posts, content, and events. He shares why successful influencer marketing is more about the shared values and engagement of the audience than the number of followers.
- Working with Ishmael in the advertising industry on big brands from PepsiCo to Verizon
- How Ishmael sought out advertising and marketing thought leaders to become an expert on influencer marketing
- Understanding influencer marketing and how it can help real estate investors get their brand in front of their target audience
Influencer marketing is really just a spin on celebrity endorsements.
- It’s imperative that the influencer and brand have shared values and an authentic connection
- Engaging your social audience (it’s not about how many followers you have, it’s about how you engage them)
Building a small audience and engaging them to become advocates or influencers of your product or service is the best way to grow your following.
- Why digital marketing is much more than just a tool in your marketing tool kit
- Best practices in finding and working with influencers that you can find in your network
- Getting started in building your brand on social media
- What are your competitors doing and how can you differentiate yourself?
- The framework of creating your differentiators:
- Understanding the new and not-so-new social media platforms and how people engage with them
Social media has changed drastically, it’s now seen as a marketplace.
- Identifying the tools within social media platforms that are designed to help you market your business
- The costs in running a Facebook ad campaign
- Discussing Micro-Influencers and what they can do for your brand
- Ways to connect with influencers you're interested in working with
If you’re looking to be innovative and find new ways to engage with your audience, the home has become the new marketing battleground.
Apparent Failure:I had to realize that there is no shame, and a lot of game, in asking questions.
Think with Google (Digital data & insights)
Most Recommended Book:
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results (Gary Keller)
Disconnecting and writing my thoughts down
Wish I Knew When I Was Starting Out:
I wish I asked more questions
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Philadelphia:
Down North PIzza
Get in Touch with Ishmael:
@ish_cyl (social handle)