Manage episode 328555943 series 172966
There is an unstoppable flow of gain and loss within our lives.
Processing this flow helps us to develop equanimity. In this conversation, Pulitzer Prize-winner and New Yorker staff writer Kathryn Schulz discusses her new book Lost and Found: A Memoir, in which she explores experiencing both a huge loss anda huge gain, and how to live in a world where both happiness and pain commingle.
In this episode we talk about:
- How humans experience grief
- A gift you can give to the grieving
- Why she loves the clichés that remind us to enjoy the moment
- Her broad understanding of the term “loss”
- Why the key word in ‘lost and found’ is “and”
- What she’s learned about compromising in relationships
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/kathryn-schulz-449