Manage episode 278876369 series 2291328
In today’s episode, we cover Acceptance Commitment Therapy with Dr. DJ Moran. Dr. Moran has a Ph.D. in Psychology, is the founder of Pickslyde Consulting and the MidAmerican Psychological Institute, and has helped thousands of people and hundreds of companies develop the skills for keeping vital commitments.
Nothing will hit as hard as life will, so what can we do to better handle those hits and come back stronger and better equipped to handle the future while also striving to be the best versions of ourselves?
What to Listen For
- What is Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and how can it help you deal with all the challenges and setbacks life throws at us?
- What is psychological flexibility and why do we all need it so life doesn’t crush us in difficult moments?
- What are the biggest challenges when it comes to changing our behavior and how can ACT help you overcome them so you can live the life you want?
- What questions do you want to ask yourself to figure out what changes you need to make and can make so you can be the best version of yourself?
- What can you do to take control of your life and lead a life based on your values rather than someone else’s values or society’s values?
- What is the Mindful Action Plan and how can you use it to implement ACT in your life to make the behavioral changes you want?
- What is counter-conditioning and how can you use it to embrace discomfort and “negative” emotions so you can start leading the life you want?
A full range of human emotions is necessary to lead a fulfilling life, but many of us associate certain emotions with negativity, thus leading us to avoid or suppress feeling those emotions. Consequently, we then avoid the events or activities that lead to us feeling those emotions when those events and activities could be exactly what we need in order to grow as individuals, professionals, friends, lovers, etc. It’s important to be able to accept all of your emotions and develop a comfortable relationship with them and yourself so you can lead the life you want.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. STEP #0 - File > Export > Session as Template - so you can use this as a template (00:00:00)
2. STEP #1 - Volume match RAW audio -24 LUFS (00:00:08)
3. STEP #2 - Organize tracks - host, guests, music on correct tracks (00:00:12)
4. STEP #3 - Edit episode (00:00:19)
5. STEP #4 - Export MP3 192 kbps (00:00:22)
6. STEP #5 - Volume match MP3 to -16 LUFS (00:00:25)