Manage episode 276412110 series 2818331
Thinking about becoming a copywriter? Or maybe hiring one?
Today we’re sitting down with my copywriter, Brittany McBean, to talk about writing copy that converts.
Brittany is a conversion copywriter who helps online entrepreneurs stand out with crystal clear messaging and a laser-focused strategy.
She loves writing personality-packed websites, emails, and launches that make the big bucks—and teaching people how to be unapologetically confident, relentlessly snarky, and remarkably persuasive.
We are really getting into what it takes to be a good copywriter and run a business that lights you up. We’re talking about how she went from being a direct seller to a copywriter, how she built her copywriting business, and how she went from making $7,000 in the whole of 2019 to generating $30,000 in August of 2020 alone.
We also cover how to stand out in a crowded market, how to balance sharing personal things from your life with marketing your business, three ways to instantly improve your copywriting, how to write personality-based copy that converts, the difference between your messaging and your copy, and the questions that you should be asking when you're looking to hire a copywriter.
On Today’s Show, You’ll Learn:
- How to talk about your personal life while still setting boundaries
- You can offer value to people going through similar things to you
- The importance of letting go of clients that don’t align with your values
- The value of putting yourself out there to get clarity on what really lights you up
- How to surround yourself with your ideal clients
- Why your copy and your message are not the same things
- How to write copy that converts
- What to ask when you’re hiring a copywriter
A lot of work goes into writing copy that converts, as opposed to copy that just sounds nice. And Brittany is a pro at it.
If you’re in my Optimized CEO Community Facebook group, head over there and tell me what you took away from this episode.
If you haven't joined yet, head to www.rickmulready.com/group. I would love to see you there!
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Download Brittany's guide: 9 Copy Tips to Write More Better
Full show notes available at www.rickmulready.com/434