Manage episode 275001066 series 2506855
In this very special episode of The Asset, host Max Bergmann introduces a new podcast, Unconventional Threat from The Asset's production team, District Productive and the bi-partisan organization Keep Our Republic.
This is an election year unlike any other in ways that are unsettling and dangerous.
Unconventional Threat brings together exclusive interviews with newsmakers about everything that can happen between now and Inauguration Day, when it's possible we may still not have chosen a President. Journalist Peter Eisner and longtime State Department official Jonathan Winer will outline all the possibilities, including:
- the use of the military;
- uncounted ballots; and
- one scenario where the House of Representatives picks the next President, with each state getting just one vote, no matter who wins the popular vote or leads the Electoral College.
You will hear exclusive interviews with such notable guests as:
- Former United States Secretary of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff
- Senior Vice President of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Heather Conley
- Chair of the House Committee on Rules Rep. Jim McGovern
- Ranking Member of the Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Bob Menendez
- Author of The Plot to Betray America Intelligence analyst Malcolm Nance
- Former FBI special agent, specializing in counterintelligence investigations, Asha Rangappa
- Author of Shadow Network: Media, Money, and the Secret Hub of the Radical Right Anne Nelson
Based on hard reporting, facts, and Constitutional Law, this series of 10 podcasts will prepare you for a very possible Unconventional Threat and delineate the steps we can take to come together as a nation to ensure that everyone has the chance to vote, their votes are counted, and the count is respected to create our national choice for President for the next four years.
Follow us onTwitter @UncoThreat