Manage episode 273803543 series 2801356
Note: This is a guest interview.
Josam Watson is the CRO of Tyme, a digital banking group that owns one of the world’s fastest growing digital banks.
He was previously Chief Audit Executive of a large credit union. Before that, he spent time in internal audit, risk consulting, external audit and in banking operations.
Josam talks to us about what he has learned working in various international markets.
He shares his views on a range of issues including:
- internal audit independence (spoiler: he thinks it is overplayed)
- how internal audit and risk functions have the same focus
- exerting influence in a positive way over organisational culture
- Internal audit creating value – by focusing on both performance and conformance
- why every auditor should have a data mindset, to find and solve business problems.
Josam enjoys networking with risk and assurance professionals.
You can reach out to him on LinkedIn.
- Josam Watson on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/josam-watson-7a35024)
- Tyme, a digital banking group that owns one of the world's fastest growing digital banks
- This episode's web page with transcript (riskinsights.com.au/the-assurance-show-22)
About this podcast