Manage episode 279431839 series 2801356
Note: This is a guest interview.
John talks to us about what audit offices (a.k.a. supreme audit institutions) do and the role of the CTO in an audit focused organization.
He shares his views on a range of issues including:
- His positive experience with their (outsourced) internal auditors
- How he supports an audit focused organization
- Cyber and data governance frameworks; evolving IT practices that auditors need to keep a close eye on.
John is open to connecting with like-minded professionals.
You can reach out to him on LinkedIn.
- John Moore on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/john-moore-01986a7a)
- Where John works (Queensland Audit Office) (www.qao.qld.gov.au)
- Where John studied (Loughborough University) (www.lboro.ac.uk)
- The Essential Eight (strategies to mitigate cyber security incidents) (www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/essential-eight/essential-eight-explained)
- ISO27001 (www.iso.org/isoiec-27001-information-security.html)
- Microsoft password policy recommendations (docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/misc/password-policy-recommendations)
- This episode's web page with transcript (riskinsights.com.au/the-assurance-show-30)