Manage episode 281496342 series 2801356
Note: This is a guest interview.
Alli is an information design consultant and host of the Data Viz Today podcast.
We talk about a range of data visualization matters, including 3 key mistakes that people make when starting out in dataviz (and solutions to those).
You can reach out to Alli via her website (www.allitorban.com).
- Financial Times Visual Vocabulary (github.com/ft-interactive/chart-doctor/tree/master/visual-vocabulary)
- Stephanie Evergreen's What, So What, Now What (stephanieevergreen.com/what-so-what-now-what)
- Template for all those charts done in excel (policyviz.com/product/visual-vocabulary-in-excel)
- Alli's brainstorming worksheet for developing visual metaphors
- Alli's brainstorming template for focusing the story in your data viz
- Alli's Tessellated Unit Chart for Viz for Social Good
- Viz for Social Good (www.vizforsocialgood.com)
- Reuter's "Drowning in Plastic"
- This episode's web page with transcript (riskinsights.com.au/the-assurance-show-32)
About this podcast