Manage episode 272112762 series 2516598
This is The Babylon Bee Interview Show.
In this episode, Kyle and Ethan talk to Sam Sorbo, who is a major advocate for home education in a time when many people are starting to look at it as an alternative in an age of virtual schooling, pandemic lockdowns, and kindergartners doing 2 hour zoom meetings. Her books include They’re Your Kids: An Inspirational Journey From Self- Doubter To Home School Advocate and Teach From Love: A School Year Devotional For Families. Her new book, with her husband Kevin, is True Faith: Embracing Adversity to Live in God's Light. She is also the host of The Sam Sorbo Podcast.
- Public schools not serving our kids
- Virtual schooling and pandemic lockdowns
- Parents ceding authority to the school
- Children lecturing parents
- The purpose of education
- Education as daycare
- School doesn’t take 7-½ hours a day
- What about college?
- Does college tuition make sense?
- Teachers concerned about parents getting in the way with their “racism” and backwards views
- Aren’t homeschoolers weird?
- Bullies teaching kids not to bully and in our culture nowadays bullying seems to be fine anyway
- Common core math and the 1619 Project
- “Homeschooling is not ‘school at home.’ It is the education of your child. They are two different beasts.”
To watch or listen to the full podcast, become a subscriber at https://babylonbee.com/plans.