Manage episode 287302599 series 2042468
Following recent high-profile Christians leaving various denominations, local churches, or Christianity completely, we explore the topic of leaving the church to decide if it is favored or forsaken. Is this recent phenomenon the equivalent of a Covid divorce? Or has this unrest been a slow simmer that has just now reached its boiling point? Join Knox, Jamie, and Erin as they explore what makes someone leave either a church or the Church and find out if there’s more going on to “leaving the church” than just ghosting a building.
- Jemar Tisby: Pass the Mic Episode | How to Fight Racism | Instagram
- Beth Moore: “I am no longer a Southern Baptist” | Twitter | Resources
- Audrey Ausad: Instagram Post | Favored of the Month | Music
- Read: The New York Times: Why Black Worshipers Are Leaving White Evangelical Churches
- Learn: Seven Facts about Southern Baptists from Pew Research
- Read: All Things Reconsidered by Knox
- Learn: What is Anglicanism?
- Barna Research: Gen Z and Millenials in Church | What’s on the Minds of America’s Pastors? | Behind the Steep Decline in Church Attendance Among Women | U.S. Adults See Evangelicals Through a Political Lens | Church Dropout Rates
- Bible Bonus Points: ekklēsia
- Instagram: #LeaveLoud
- Questionable Worship Songs: Mighty to Save | Jesus Never Fails
- Listen: Faith Adjacent: Extraterrestrials
FAVORED OF THE MONTH
- Knox - Book: The Book of Strange New Things by Michael Faber
- Jamie - Bible Study: Now That Faith Has Come by Beth Moore and Melissa Moore
- Erin - Anglican Starter Kit: The Anglican Way by Thomas McKenzie, Evangelicals on the Canterbury Trail by Robert Webber and Lester Ruth, and The Eternal Current by Aaron Niequist
BIBLE BINGE SEMINARY
Our Patreon supporters can get full access to ad-free Bible Binge Classic episodes, Bible Scholar QTNAs, monthly Sacred Cinema episodes, Faith Adjacent book club, and more! Become a partner.
- Cru: For only $21 a month, you can provide three people with Bibles each and every month. When you sign up to provide 3 Bibles a month for $21, as a thank you, we will provide meals to five hungry families through our humanitarian aid ministry. Go to give.cru.org/TheBibleBinge to help today.
- Faithful Counseling: Faithful Counseling wants you to start living a happier life TODAY. Visit FaithfulCounseling.com/biblebinge to join the over 500,000 people taking charge of their mental health with the help of an experienced professional and get 10% off.
- Red Mountain Associates: For financial guidance based around your faith and values, and to help make your life better, visit Thrivent.com or call Financial Consultant Tom Noon at (205) 822-9590.
Check out our other podcast: The Popcast with Knox and Jamie.It's a weekly show about pop culture where we educate on the things that entertain, but don't matter. Here is our suggested Popcast starter playlist.
THE BIBLE BINGE BULLETIN
Sign up for our brand new edition of The Bible Binge Bulletin, a monthly newsletter featuring exclusive content curated by your trusted Bible Binge team. Sign up here!