Manage episode 326956496 series 2042468
Get ready to send out some ravens because in this episode we’re talking about Noah. Join Knox, Jamie, and Erin as they revisit one of our earliest episode topics in which God decided to ctrl+alt+del creation. You’ll hear conversations about how many animals were actually on the boat, speculation about where people drop out of their Bible in a year plan, and some surprising revelations about Insane Clown Posse.
- Main Biblical Text for the Episode: Genesis 6:9-22 | Genesis 7-8
- Casting: Robert Duvall | Michael Cera | Michael “Basketball” Jordan | Jared Leto | James Earl Jones Limp Bizkit | Insane Clown Posse
- Listen: Nephilim BSQTNA
- Gopher Wood? Learn more here
- Raven Deep Dive: Learn about anting
- Read: Long Life Spans in Genesis
- Read: Could Noah’s Ark Float from The Smithsonian Magazine
- Throwback: El Shaddai by Amy Grant
- Helpful Graphic: Ancient Hebrew Concept of the Universe
- Justice for Juggalos: The Guardian Article | The Atlantic Article | Listen to Thy Unveiling | Listen to Miracles
- The Popcast Live! Buy Tickets for Dallas or the Livestream here
Our resident Bible scholar Erin Moon offers a gentle rebuke at the end of most episodes. Erin is a Bible study editor and Senior Creative/Producer of The Popcast Media Group from Birmingham. Find her on Instagram.
BIBLE BINGE SEMINARY
Our Patreon supporters can access our Mini Favored or Forsaken episodes, Sacred Cinema companion devotionals, weekly discussion board posts, Faith Adjacent Book Club, and more! Become a partner.
Check out our other podcast: The Popcast with Knox and Jamie. It's a weekly show about pop culture where we educate on the things that entertain, but don't matter. Here is our suggested Popcast starter playlist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter: The Bible Binge Bulletin
Get The Bible Binge Merch: Shop here
Shop our Amazon Link: amazon.com/shop/thepopcast