Manage episode 326307669 series 2042468
We’re returning to Archaeology Corner in this latest Stuff We Didn’t Get in Sunday School episode as we talk about The Dead Sea Scrolls. Join Resident Bible Scholar Erin Moon along with Knox and Jamie as they explore this discovery that we know is important but tend not to actually know much about. You’ll hear conversations involving treasure maps, really cool nicknames, and conspiracy theory camps as we try to figure out why Christians are so obsessed with these things.
- The Popcast Live! Buy Tickets Here
- Read: The New Yorker Article from 1955 on The Dead Sea Scrolls
- Read: 6 Things You May Not Know About the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Deep Dive: Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library
- Listen: Favored or Forsaken: Hobby Lobby
- Visit: The Shrine of the Goat
- Bible Scholar: Read Robert Alter
- Like the Cave of Wonders, but not: Learn about the Cave of Horrors
- Read: Dead Sea Scrolls at the Museum of the Bible are all Fake
- Extra Credit: The Great Courses: The Dead Sea Scrolls
- Does Nick Cage have an Oscar? Find out here
BIBLE BINGE SEMINARY
Our Patreon supporters can access our Mini Favored or Forsaken episodes, Sacred Cinema companion devotionals, weekly discussion board posts, Faith Adjacent Book Club, and more! Become a partner.
Check out our other podcast: The Popcast with Knox and Jamie. It's a weekly show about pop culture where we educate on the things that entertain, but don't matter. Here is our suggested Popcast starter playlist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter: The Bible Binge Bulletin
Get The Bible Binge Merch: Shop here
Shop our Amazon Link: amazon.com/shop/thepopcast