Manage episode 296173939 series 2851976
Stephen Chow is an art patron - 100% of his savings goes to supporting his favorite living artists.
His goal is to support living artists from as many cultures as he can, working in a wide variety of mediums and cultural traditions. He would rather sponsor ONE new masterpiece from an artist of his choosing, at his own expense, knowing full well that it could fail, than be given ALL of the lost masterpieces in the history of art.
In his free time, he transcribes Bitcoin podcasts into the written word.
In this chat we discuss:
- Finding works that leave a legacy
- Connecting with artists
- How many neglected geniuses don't have an audience
- Does the patron influence the work
- The idea behind patronage
- The effects Bitcoin has had on his mission
- & more