Manage episode 268941179 series 2285741
Christos Matskas (@ChristosMatskas, PPM Identity & Security) and John Patrick Dandison (@AzureAndChill, Principal PM Identity) at Microsoft talk about Identity in today's cloud, managing borderless environments, and how to best enforce identity.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- DivvyCloud - Achieve continuous security & compliance. Request a free trial today!
- DivvyCloud - The best mistakes are the ones that don’t happen. Learn how IaC offers preventive cloud security.
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- Microsoft Azure Homepage
- Getting Started with Microsoft Identity (Microsoft Learn)
- Manage Identity and access in Azure AD (Microsoft Learn)
- MS Identity on Twitch (every Tuesday and Thursday)
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. You’ve both been at Microsoft for a little while, but give us a little bit of your background and the things you focus on today.
Topic 2 - Let’s start with some basics - in the world of Cloud, what is Identity?
Topic 3 - Things get more complicated as we incorporate more things associated with people or accounts (e.g. multiple devices, VPNs) or distributed applications or 3rd-parties (e.g. contractors, etc..) How does that shift the Identity conversation?
Topic 4 - How does a business attempt to not only keep track of all of this, but enforce it in various ways? (connected, disconnected, people leave, applications change, etc.)
Topic 5 - What are some of the ways that Microsoft addresses all these complex Identity challenges?
Topic 6 - Looking forward, what are some areas that are going to be the new frontier for Identity challenges, or some technologies that will make things easier?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet