Manage episode 288689652 series 92960
What you'll get out of this construction podcast episode:
- How can going modular help builders deal with the current lumber price situation?
- "All modular homes are prefab homes but not all prefab homes are modular homes." What does that mean?
- What's in it for the homeowner in the way of indoor air quality?
- What is the business opportunity in the modular business?
- A few misconceptions and myths about modular?
- How are permitting and inspections handled on modular homes?
- If a builder wants to build either a spec or custom modular home, how would they get started?
- What is going on at the macro-level in the industry?
- Escalation clauses and contingency fee in financing to mitigate the risk of skyrocketing lumber prices.
- The confusing "M" words.
- Is modular is a type of home or a construction method?
- Modular math allows for speed.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
Fieldchat: Messaging built for construction teams - https://get.fieldchat.com/edge
GoSite: Take Control of Customer Reviews - https://www.gosite.com/podcast
Be Your Own CFO Masterclass: Master the financial side of the business - https://buildermasterclass.com/cfo
3 Questions to Help You Get Paid for Estimates: https://buildermasterclass.com/script
Impresa Modular: https://impresamodular.com/
Connect with Ken Semler on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kensemler/