Manage episode 297997431 series 92960
Mike Brewer is CEO of a plumbing business in Arizona with 400 employees. They stopped trying to find plumbers. Now they're creating them.
What you'll learn about in this construction podcast episode:
- How one word on your business card can steer business decisions.
- The unique solution Mike's company is using to solve the skilled labor shortage. They're not trying to find plumbers...they're making them.
- The piece of information that would have prevented Mike from starting his training program if he had known about it.
- How he almost went out of business three times, and a couple of the reasons behind the near failure.
- Importance of attaching actions to outcomes.
- Why they provide financial management training for their new hires.
- "Not having cash puts you out of business faster than anything else."
- Importance of staying in your lane, understanding your limits.
- MIke's thoughts on having a business coach and a system to follow.
Resources mentioned in this construction podcast episode:
STRUXI Labor Productivity Software - https://struxi.com
3 Questions to Help You Get Paid for Estimates - https://buildermasterclass.com/script
Mastermind Group for CoConstruct Users- https://buildermasterclass.com/cogroup
Schedule Your Strategy Call with Todd Dawalt - https://buildermasterclass.com/apply
Brewer Companies website: www.brewercompanies.com
Brewer University: www.breweruniversity.com
Brewer Craftsman Academy Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BrewerCraftsmanAcademy
Build Your Future Arizona: www.BYFAZ.org