Manage episode 236781597 series 2517583
Support this podcast through www.patreon.com/thedailyba
In this episode, RYANO and Dimitri welcome on Tina Patterson to talk about mental health and the field of behavior analysis.
Timestamps Today (FULL LINKS FOR ALL HERE)
- 0:00:00 Topic: Mental Health and Autism
- 0:03:04 Check out: SAMHSA (The Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration)
- 0:05:09 Topic Change: The History and Current Status of ABA and Mental Health
- 0:05:52 Check out: The CDC report and statistics on Children and Mental Health
- 0:08:49 Check out: Why Behavior Analysts Should Study Emotion: The Example of Anxiety by Pat Friman, Steven Hayes, and Kelly Wilson
- 0:12:24 Check out: The research from the Center for the Developing Child at Harvard University
- 0:13:09 Check out: Relationship of Childhood Abuse and Household Dysfunction to Many of the Leading Causes of Death in Adults. The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study by Felitti et al.
- 0:13:54 Check out: Neuroanatomy for Students of Behavioral Disorders by Ronald Green and Robyn Ostrander
- 0:14:09 Check out: Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst by Robert Sapolsky
- 0:14:24 Topic Change: Trauma, Psychiatric Disorders, and the Competence required to Treat
- 0:14:39 Check out: A sample quiz to get your ACEs score
- 0:14:44 Check out: A List of published study's related to ACE, chronic illness, and more
- 0:28:06 Check out: the Adverse Childhood Experiences Scale (ACEs)
- 0:29:02 Mentioned again: Relationship of Childhood Abuse and Household Dysfunction to Many of the Leading Causes of Death in Adults. The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study by Felitti et al.
- 0:30:19 Check out: Information on the IISCA0:31:59
- Mentioned again: The research from the Center for the Developing Child at Harvard University
- 0:32:14 Check out: NIH Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- 0:32:49 Check out: Psychological and Psychosocial Impairment in Preschoolers With Selective Eating by Zucker et al.
- 0:32:54 Topic Change: Medication and Treatment
- 0:35:39 Check out: Johns Hopkins Pharmacogenomic Testing
- 0:35:39 Check out: Mayo Clinic Drug-Gene Pharmacogenomics
- 0:42:19 Topic Change: Open-Ended Education, Resources, and Dissemination
- 0:44:44 Check out: https://practicalfunctionalassessment.com/
- 0:48:44 Check out: "Clinician with a Mission" on Facebook
- 0:50:24 Topic Change: Training and Educating Practitioners and the BACB Task List
- 0:50:29 "Check out the following bullets on the BACB Task List: G-02: Consider biological/medical variables that may be affecting the client.
- G-05: Describe and explain behavior, including private events, in behavior-analytic (non- mentalistic) terms.
- G-07: Practice within one’s limits of professional competence in applied behavior analysis, and obtain consultation, supervision, and training, or make referrals as necessary."
- 0:54:12 Check out: Icing on the Cake: The Role of Research in Practitioner Training by Joshua Pritchard and Byron Wine
- 1:04:04 Matthew P. Normand and Carolynn S. Kohn Article
- 1:05:39 Topic Change: OBM, Entrepreneurship, and Financial Freedom
- 1:08:09 Check out: The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- 1:23:34 Check out: Walden Two by B. F. Skinner