Manage episode 240277656 series 2517583
Links for Today
- 0:03:07 Kathy, Ryan, and Dimitri discuss "Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are" by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
- 0:03:32 Check out the Ted Talk: "The Secrets in Our Google Searches" with Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
- 0:15:32 Check out the Convergence Conference (CHATT Con) hosted annually in Seattle
- 0:15:32 For some extra reading on AI and Psychotherapy check out Luis de Mello and Alves de Souza's (2019) theoretical piece "Psychotherapy and Artificial Intelligence: A Proposal for Alignment"
- 0:19:57 Topic Change: The importance of our privacy vs. our free access to social media
- 0:27:02 Check out Marques Brownlee on Youtube
- 0:29:22 Topic Change: Could big data lead to the extinction of behavior analysts?
- 0:29:57 Check out Koenig's (1971) summary of Ogden Lindsley's Behavior Bank - "The Behavior Bank: A System for Sharing Precise Information"
- 0:30:12 Mentioned: Skinner's article in Time Magazine (1971) - "We Can't Afford Freedom"
- 0:31:12 Check out OpenAI.com
- 0:32:12 Check out the Daily BA's video on Neuralink
- 0:41:02 Check out AnswersNow
- 0:43:07 Topic Change: Can we, and do we want to stop technology advancements like AI?
- 0:46:12 Check out Shane Dawson and his video "The Return of Eugenia Cooney"
- 0:48:12 Check out Microsoft's $1B investment into open AI
- 0:54:07 Topic Change: Should advancements in this technology affect policy change?
- 0:56:27 Check out the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) survey results
- 1:07:57 Topic Change: Group privacy vs. Individual privacy
- 1:09:07 For some extra reading on Facebook studies and informed consent check out Flick's (2016) article "Informed consent and the Facebook emotional manipulation study"