This podcast might not actually kill you, but it covers so many things that can. Each episode tackles a different disease, from its history, to its biology, and finally, how scared you need to be. Ecologists and epidemiologists Erin Welsh and Erin Allmann Updyke make infectious diseases acceptable fodder for dinner party conversation and provide the perfect cocktail recipe to match
Manage episode 289344247 series 1345893
By Audioboom and The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Flow with us through Diarrhea Disemboweled Part 2 as Dr. Xiao Jing (Iris) Wang @IrisWangMD walks us through the differential diagnosis and initial evaluation of chronic diarrhea.
Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | Swag! | Top Picks | Mailing List | email@example.com | Free CME!
- Producer: Elena Gibson MD
- Writer: Elena Gibson MD, Beth Garbitelli
- Cover Art: Kate Grant, MD
- Hosts: Elena Gibson MD, Stuart Brigham MD; Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Editor: Matthew Watto MD (written); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com (audio)
- Guest: Xiao Jing (Iris) Wang MD
Sponsor: Express VPN ExpressVPN.com/curb
Protect your online activity TODAY with the VPN rated #1 by CNET and Wired. Visit our exclusive link ExpressVPN.com/curb and you can get an extra 3 months FREE on a one-year package!
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders partner with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and search for this episode to claim credit.
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Case from Kashlak
- Osmotic diarrhea & stool osmotic gap
- Causes of osmotic Diarrhea
- Algorithm for evaluating diarrhea workup
- Testing workup for chronic diarrhea
- Endoscopic evaluation indications
- Disorders of the Gut-Brain Axis