This podcast might not actually kill you, but it covers so many things that can. Each episode tackles a different disease, from its history, to its biology, and finally, how scared you need to be. Ecologists and epidemiologists Erin Welsh and Erin Allmann Updyke make infectious diseases acceptable fodder for dinner party conversation and provide the perfect cocktail recipe to match
Manage episode 290307223 series 1345893
By Audioboom and The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Does obesity hypoventilation syndrome (OHS) give you respiratory distress? Are you baffled by bilevel? The wait is over! Learn all the ins and outs about OHS from Dr. Aneesa Das, @AneesaDas, a sleep specialist and pulmonologist at The Ohio State University! You’ll learn tips and tricks regarding the diagnosis and management of OHS, the important role PCPs can play, and why on earth we’re discussing the didgeridoo!
Free CME for this episode at curbsiders.vcuhealth.org!
Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | Swag! | Top Picks | Mailing List | email@example.com | Free CME!
- Written and Produced by: Cyrus Askin, MD
- Infographic: Cyrus Askin, MD
- Cover Art: Kate Grant MBChb, MRCGP
- Hosts: Cyrus Askin, MD; Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP; Stuart Brigham MD
- Reviewer: Leah Witt, MD
- Editor: Matthew Watto, MD (written materials); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
- Guest: Aneesa Das, MD
Sponsor: The American College of Physicians
Join the American College of Physicians today! Post-training physicians can take advantage of a special limited-time $100 dues discount. Visit acponline.org/acp100 and use the code CURBSIDERS. Membership discount is available only until May 31, 2021.
Sponsor: Birch by Helix birchliving.com/curb
Birch is giving $200 dollars off ALL mattresses and 2 free eco-rest pillows at birchliving.com/curb
Sponsor: HRSA National Health Service Corps NHSC.HRSA.gov
Applications will be accepted through May 6. Visit NHSC.HRSA.gov to learn about eligibility and the application process.
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org.
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Guest one-liner
- Picks of the Week
- Case from Kashlak
- Basic risk factors for OHS and red flags
- That pathophysiologic trifecta
- Physical Exam & History - OHS
- Surveys and specific testing
- Labs and other tests (PFTs, Echo, and more)
- OSA, OHS, and Central Sleep Apnea
- Treating OSA: CPAP vs Bilevel
- The importance of weight loss
- Keys for inpatient management
- Perioperative considerations
- Take-home points