The kickass science and technology radio show that delivers an irreverent look at the week in science and technology.
Manage episode 301667903 series 1345893
By Audioboom and The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Take a walk through Liver Land with Dr. Elliot Tapper (@ebtapper on Twitter) as we stroll through the best of liver tests. Once differentiating a hepatocellular versus cholestatic injury picture, Dr. Tapper shares some targeted labs to help with etiology, as well as what to do with those pesky isolated lab abnormalities. On top of that, we review common causes of severe acute liver disease and issues in pregnancy. Join us, and you’ll be writing more accurate notes as Dr. Tapper schools us on what “liver function tests” really mean!
Claim CE credit at curbsiders.vcuhealth.org. It's free for all healthcare professionals!
Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | Swag! | Top Picks | Mailing List | email@example.com | Free CME!
- Written and Produced by: Elena Gibson MD
- Cover Art and Infographic: Kate Grant MD; Elena Gibson MD
- Hosts: Stuart Brigham MD; Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Editor: Emi Okamoto MD (written materials); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
- Guest: Elliot Tapper MD
Sponsor: BetterHelp betterhelp.com/curb
Sponsor: Panacea Financial panaceafinancial.com
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and search for this episode to claim credit.
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Guest one-liner
- Definitions of liver enzymes, liver function tests
- Patterns of acute liver injury
- Drug-induced liver injury
- Isolated alkaline phosphatase elevation
- Isolated total bilirubin elevation
- Livery Injury During Pregnancy
- Acute liver failure