Manage episode 303337829 series 1681
For decades, many people who have claimed to observe UFOs have also said they saw the occupants of these crafts. Even more incredibly, some of these purported "experiencers" have made extraordinary claims about their interactions with such beings, and even abductions where they were taken aboard UFO craft.
How reliable are these claims, the likes of which the late Harvard psychiatrist John Mack attempted to explore and understand until his untimely death? Joining us to discuss the cultural rise of the experiencers is Ralph Blumenthal, a former New York Times reporter and co-author of a 2017 article with Leslie Kean and Helene Cooper that reshaped the modern UFO narrative. Ralph discusses his new book about John Mack, The Believer, and his recent contributions to The Debrief this week on The Micah Hanks Program.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah's other podcasts here.Want to advertise/sponsor The Micah Hanks Program?
We have partnered with the fine folks at Gumball to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is click the link below to get started:
If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.Show Notes
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Official Sources Warn a Geomagnetic Storm Is Imminent, So Get Ready For Auroras
- SpaceX had a problem onboard the first all-tourist flight. It could have been much worse
- ABDUCTION: ‘What I saw that night was real’: is it time to take aliens more seriously?
- The Experience; The Cultural Rise of Alien Abductions and Those Who Encounter Them
- THE BOOK: The Believer: Alien Encounters, Hard Science, and the Passion of John Mack
- RALPH’S ARTICLES: Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter