#030 - Makers of the fastest production drone on Earth and beyond, with Chris Hsiao of Gossamer, USA
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on June 03, 2020 18:29 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 181089121 series 1451535
As for Gossamer, it is a full stack product design and engineering firm that focuses mainly on hardware startups. You’ll learn in this episode how Chris started his venture, their being acquired recently, the story of the Teal drone and another project that is important to him because of the potential impact.
Enjoy this episode.
Raw transcript is available at: https://www.thehardwareentrepreneur.com
Show highlights can be seen below:
- Why is Gossamer not a conventional startup? – [2:08]
- What makes the company different from hardware accelerators? – [3:48]
- Gossamer’s geographical focus - [6:26]
- His previous ventures and how it all started - [8:14]
- A remarkable project example - Teal Drones – [11:55]
- Another project example and Gossamer’s part in its development - [14:55]
- What changes took place after the company was acquired by Tekzenit? - [18:24]
- Mistakes the team made while they were growing the business - [20:54]
- The stress issue of startup founders - [22:56]
- If you could time travel and go back in time, what notes would you give yourself? – [24:42]
- Which book had the biggest impact on his career? – [25:37]
- “Never take your shoes off” and when do the great ideas come? – [27:49]
- Some cultural differences that Chris had to overcome throughout his career – [29:58]