Manage episode 185867693 series 1451535
The interviewee, Mark Milstein, who I have in this episode is a very experienced serial-entrepreneur whose obsession is immersive media content. This includes VR, AR, 360 degree videos.
We talk about a topic that is often not talked about, that is what about the searchability of the immense amount of data you produce when recording immersive media?
Mark is an impressive person in digital photography, digital asset management (DAM), curation. He’s the founder of Microstocksolutions and DigitalContentSolutions, two of his latest companies which do DAM, curation, asset mgmt services for the visual media industry as well as Fortune 500 companies. Mark is also the founder of two of Central and Eastern Europe's most respected photo agencies, Northfoto and Red Dot. Red Dot was a significant company in that it was the region's first internet based photo agency.
In this episode Mark talks about what most companies, innovators concentrate on in immersive media field, what challenges he sees and how he wants to solve some of the problems of content creators. You can learn about his past as well, how his career naturally led up to this point and how his curiosity and lack of some knowledge actually helped him take risks others would not take. Enjoy this episode.
Raw transcript is available at: https://www.thehardwareentrepreneur.com
Show highlights can be seen below:
- Virtual Reality - a field that is not a reality yet – [2:43]
- Main problems of the VR industry - [4:15]
- Trying to put a tyre on a horse, or what kind of barriers big stock media companies have to overcome - [6:40]
- Mark’s previous professional activities that led him to found his current companies - [8:07]
- The result of a decade long experience in metadata - [12:41]
- What is one question that Mark would like to be asked in relation to VR? - [15:22]
- Who can have the VRmeta tool even before its release? - [17:26]
- “Document everything” – importance of mistakes while developing a company - [18:36]
- The story of risk tolerance and the VRmeta tool – [20:52]
- If you could time travel and go back in time, what notes would you give yourself? – [23:26]
- Which book had the biggest impact on his career? – [24:22]
- Mark’s incredible information-ingesting morning routine – [25:19]
- Some striking cultural differences that Mark had to overcome throughout his career – [27:06]
- What is the best way to reach Mark? – [28:41]