#041 - How to use lean startup principles to start the world’s first VR cinema franchise, with Dimitri Nabatov of WeAreCinema, Switzerland
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on June 03, 2020 18:29 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 191107426 series 1451535
Dimitri Nabatov has been my guest recently, founder and CEO of a company called WeAreCinema.
In episode 36 we had VR topic and this time again we’re back to that topic on the show. His company, WeAreCinema has a new business model in the world of VR and his company is a nice example that in order to become successful with hardware products there are a number of ways of doing that, including theirs.
You can learn about VR, why it’s special in the entertainment or advertisement industries, how they validated their idea with very cheap hardware, and also how they managed to pre-sell their idea to customers, getting strong market validation without investing almost nothing. You can also learn how he started thinking about the scaling topic in his business at an early phase and this serves as the basis of his current business model. He also gives a challenge to you, innovators, a call for innovation.
Show highlights can be seen below:
- What is the current development of the VR industry and what it has to do with a black and white TV? - [3:55]
- What makes WeAreCinema stand out in the buzz around VR? – [5:45]
- The motivation behind founding a company in the entertainment industry - [7:17]
- Previous experience that lead Dimitri to founding the company - [8:58]
- How can a very cheap device help you validate your idea? - [10:00]
- Key lessons from a VR startup venture - [12:15]
- The business model behind WeAreCinema and how their scale-up - [15:56]
- How can challenges provoke you to be creative in terms of cost effectiveness? - [18:20]
- How has WeAreCinema been able to avoid the issue with dizziness? - [22:52]
- Challenges in front of the team - [24:44]
- Mistakes the founders did while developing the company - [26:56]
- If you could time travel and go back in time, what notes would you give yourself? – [29:38]
- Which book had the biggest impact on his career? – [29:59]
- Dimitri’s cold habit – [30:54]
- Some cultural differences that Dimitri observed throughout his career – [32:25]
- What is the best way to reach Dimitri? – [33:28]