#042 - How to think with your hands - LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology with Alexandra Mandoki of Sparks Guide, Switzerland
Manage episode 192109267 series 1451535
I had a special guest on the podcast, somebody who’s also originally from Hungary, just like me. My guest was Alexandra Mandoki, founder, chief guide and innovator at Sparks Guide based in Zurich, Switzerland, just like me.
Would you like to perhaps double your brain activity? Then this episode is for you. You’ll soon also learn how the same technique with Lego can be used in a group setting to innovate, to let some creativity juice flow. This topic is close to me as I used to love and still love Lego.
This interview was recorded with a camera, for the change, and this is its audio version. You will learn from Alexandra about the method she’s an expert of and also about its myriad applications that are just mind-boggling. I don’t know why exactly this method is not so widespread yet, but I hope that after this episode some of you find it useful, even if you “just” use its basics.
Enjoy this episode.
Raw transcript is available at: https://www.thehardwareentrepreneur.com
Show highlights can be seen below:
- How a childhood game can bring innovation to the [adult] business world – [2:20]
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® - an on-the-fly definition - [3:40]
- How did LEGO come up with its tool for strategy development and team building? - [5:34]
- Practical applications of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® - [7:33]
- Why “serious” and why “play”?- [11:30]
- “I did not know that I know that” - [12:33]
- What is the biggest challenge for the adoption of LEGO bricks in the business world? - [13:53]
- Mistakes Alexandra learned from while working in an international business environment - [15:20]
- If you could time travel and go back in time, what notes would you give yourself? – [16:54]
- Which book had the biggest impact on her career? – [17:16]
- Alexandra’s interesting habits – [18:07]
- How does Alexandra overcome cultural differences in her career? – [19:28]
- What is the best way to reach Alexandra? – [20:32]