#050 - How to get your product found on the internet, with Ashley Faulkes of Mad Lemmings, Switzerland
Manage episode 200720563 series 1451535
I sat down with Ashley Faulkes of Mad Lemmings, who’s passionate about the internet, on how products are showcased and how they can be found.
We wanted to address two challenges: how can you bring a visitor to your website and how can you convert them from visitors into a buyer? These are not exactly hardware topics, but for sure these days they’re relevant to everyone doing business.
There is tons of information around about tools, so it’s not an easy job to find the right one(s). We’re all biased to some degree. We’re all selling. As Seth Godin recently wrote, if you say you’re not selling, at least you’re selling possibility. The possibility Ash was selling is that you don’t need need to pay constantly a web-developer to do all the work. You don’t need to pay a lot of money to do only Google AdWords.
Raw transcript is available at: https://www.thehardwareentrepreneur.com
Show highlights can be seen below:
- Quick overview of the most used CMS’ - [3:45]
- CMS’ pros and cons depending on the stage of development - [8:11]
- How did Ashley get into website design? - [11:24]
- Thrive Themes versus other similar tools - [15:29]
- How to be found on Google and where to start from? - [19:54]
- Examples of why you should choose your battles on Google wisely - [27:20]
- If you could time travel and go back in time, what notes would you give yourself? – [39:44]
- Which book had the biggest impact on his career? – [41:03]
- Ashley’s daily non-routine – [42:40]
- Some cultural differences that Ashley has observed throughout his career – [44:30]
- What is the best way to reach Ashley? – [46:58]