Manage episode 287793620 series 2619828
Machine Learning in healthcare (and Artificial Intelligence in the broader sense) is real and is being used today. The problem is, it’s difficult to sort out what’s real and what’s hype. Opinions on the matter range from “it’s all hype and BS” to “AI is revolutionizing healthcare and replacing doctors”. The truth, of course, lies somewhere in between. Today we talk with Josh Miramant, CEO and Founder of Blue Orange Digital, to help you sort this out. After listening you’ll have clarity on what Machine Learning is, an understanding of what’s possible in healthcare today, and a practical expectation of what’s coming next.
In this conversation we’ll:
- Help you understand the terminology. What is Machine Learning? What is Artificial Intelligence? What is everyone talking about!?
- Take the “magic” out of Machine Learning and help you understand at a basic level what’s happening here.
- Layout the need for data quality and data fidelity (i.e., the usefulness of data for a purpose). Along with data acquisition, this is the first thing you’ll need to address.
- Discuss practical applications of Machine Learning that are being used productively in healthcare right now. This is “Applied Machine Learning” and there are many solved problems that add value in healthcare administration, patient acquisition, costs, pricing models, etc.
- Dig into the research and operational applications of machine learning. These include things like image detection, diagnosis, etc. like we discussed with Eric Topol (Episode 91). These applications are real and they’re improving, but they aren’t replacing doctors anytime soon.
- Then we touch a bit on the theoretical. Things that are happening in the lab that are incredibly exciting but have a way to go before they have real-world applications.
About Josh Miramant
Josh Miramant is the CEO and founder of Blue Orange Digital, a top-ranked data science and machine learning agency with offices in New York City and Washington DC.
Miramant is a popular speaker, futurist, and a strategic business & technology advisor to enterprise companies and startups. As an example of thought leadership, Miramant has been featured in IBM ThinkLeaders, Dell Technologies, Global Banking & Finance Review, the IoT Council of Europe, among others.
Connect with Miramant:
About Blue Orange Digital
Blue Orange Digital is recognized as a “Top AI Development and Consultant Agency,” by Clutch and YahooFinance, for innovations in predictive analytics, automation, and optimization with machine learning in NYC.
They help organizations optimize and automate their businesses, implement data-driven analytic techniques, and understand the implications of new technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data, and the Internet of Things.
Whether your goal is to optimize your supply chain, use existing data to decrease operating costs, or customize the patient experience with predictive modeling, Blue Orange Digital can help you meet your challenge.
Have a project in mind but need some help implementing it? Contact us, we’d love to discuss how we can work with you to co-develop your AI project.
For more on AI and technology trends, see Josh Miramant, CEO of Blue Orange Digital’s data-driven solutions for Supply Chain, Healthcare Document Automation, and more case studies at BlueOrange.Digital.
Connect with Blue Orange:
- LinkedIn: @blueorangedigital
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @BlueOrangeData
- Medium: @blueorangedigital
Links and Resources