Manage episode 293207874 series 2622034
If you are considering relocation (in particular from an urban area to a rural area) there are 7 things you NEED to know to ensure you have success.
1. You ARE an outsider
2. No one cares about how great where you came from is
3. Leave the city in the city
4. You don't know as much as you think you do
5. There are local customs, foods, celebrations and mannerisms. Embrace them.
6. Change comes slowly (if at all)
7. No one expects you to stick around.
Certainly this episode could be construed as a bit more negative than what I usually publish. But, I hope you find it helpful.
The link to Farmer Friday E. 601 of the Urban Farm Podcast