118. Do you need to sound like a native to succeed? | Conversation with Will from Simple American Accent
Manage episode 289869901 series 2592309
Is the phrase ‘SOUND LIKE A NATIVE’ motivating or inhibiting?
Should people lose their accent so they can avoid bias and discrimination? What is the true goal when learning English?
That, and more, in this exciting and fired-up conversation between Will and me – two speech coaches with different perspectives (or the same?)😅😂.
You can watch the original video interview here: https://bit.ly/3e2rKAb
More episodes on this topic:
- Speak Like A Native – THE MYTH https://hadarshemesh.com/podcast/72/
- Being a NON-NATIVE speaker is an ADVANTAGE | Interview with an OSCAR winning producer https://hadarshemesh.com/podcast/108/
- How To Talk About Social Justice In English https://youtu.be/_B-p5uvD3z4
- How To Talk About Social Justice In English | Vocabulary And Examples https://youtu.be/_B-p5uvD3z4